My PR Bucket List

    Ever since Heather Whaling tweeted about achieving something on her PR bucket list, I've been intrigued by the idea. I made up my mind to make one, but kept dragging my legs on the issue. As Justin Goldsborough and Matt LaCasse rolled out their own lists, #PRbucketList soon became a familiar hashtag.     A few days ago, just as I was about to switch off my bedside lamp, I pulled my leather-bound journal and jotted down my wishes. They were supposed to replace my New Year Resolutions. I had done away with NYR a while ago, but I was excited about my #PRBucketList. It was a great surprise to find out that Nikki Little went the same way. She published her Why I'm Trading New Years Resolutions for a Bucket List post, four days ago. Finally, I dragged my journal and decided to share my own list. Here is it:
  • Graduate December 2012 - I really cannot stress how much I am tired of being an undergraduate. I've planned my school schedule till December 2012. And except if there is a natural disaster, I would graduate then.
  • Hand over as PRSSA's Vice President of Professional Development, 2012 - 2013 National Committee - I would be running for the position at the National Assembly. I hope to win, make great strides and hand over to the next person knowing that I learned from the job and gave it my all. And that I had also created professional opportunities for the diverse PRSSA student-run firms and members.
  • Create and implement a solid PR plan for my first client, Adetomiwa Kukoyi: He is the second runner-up in an acting reality show in Nigeria. I have to bridge the time and location difference to represent a talented friend.
  • Get the proposal for the establishment of University of South Florida's student-run firm approved- If there is anything I want to gain from my tenure as the Vice President of Walter E. Griscti Chapter, it is that I've laid down a plan for the continuity of the chapter. For the past year, the executive board has done everything it can to ensure the stability of the chapter. I would say we've done great thus far. And even though we couldn't start the firm in our tenure, each one of us is working to ensure we leave the chapter with the resources to start one in the nearest future.
  • Manage a corporate crisis due to planning ahead- Since I have been introduced to the world of public relations, I have faced with different negative study cases. And through it all, I've been shocked at the lack of preparation for such disasters and crises and the delay in implementing a crisis resolution plan. Thanks to RIM, Penn State, Chapstick and the rest, my interest in crisis resolution has been strengthened.
  • Work in a corporate environment after working in an agency setting for at least five years - Since I was little, I always wanted to work in the corporate scene. However as a PR student, I realize the potentials of starting with an agency.
  • Start my own PR boutique firm in Nigeria - Public relations in Nigeria is still in the grey areas. People still relate PR with publicity. I want to be part of the people who would change the perception of Nigerians to public relations, and open their eyes to the diversity and professionalism of public relations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles