PRSSA 2012 Leadership Rally's Withdrawal Syndrome

As I departed from the Chaparral Suites and made my way through the scenic route to the airport, I went through what Erica Brown calls #nationalconferenceproblems which simply put is PRSSA national conference withdrawal syndrome. So as I journeyed back to the airport, my mind, soul and spirit wasn’t in the shuttle bus, but back at the hotel which I had left way too early.

Once again, I couldn’t believe how much I’ve learned in the short amount of time and how much more I still have to learn about PRSSA. Each time, I open a layer of PRSSA involvement, a thousand other pools right in front of me to be explored. I guess that’s the appeal of PRSSA. It’s an unending learning cycle.
The last time I was at a PRSSA conference, it was in North Carolina, Charlotte for National Assembly. It was also my very first PRSSA conference. I learned a lot about PRSSA, information I wished I was privy to a long time ago. Truthfully, it was the first time I ever read the Situation Analysis and the Chapter Handbook. Yep, I was a few weeks to handing over my position and I never knew of the existence of such documents until then.

This time around, LR armed me with ideas to implement in my chapter: in the strategic development session, I had finally drafted the semester’s schedule that I had been dragging my legs about and the leadership style session was just simply phenomenal.

It’s amazing the ideas that bounce around when PRSSA members convene together in one spot. At this point, I pretty much looking forward to San Francisco and getting a reasonable amount of my Chapter members there. San Francisco would be bittersweet for me. It’s my last PRSSA conference as an undergraduate and a USF PRSSA executive board member. But for many, it would be the start of an exciting relationship with PRSSA National.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles