The Awesomeness of Agent Melinda May

While I may not be an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fan, I am a huge fan of  Agent Melinda May, played by Ming-Na We. There's so many things that rush to mind about Agent May, but bad-ass keeps repeating itself. I mean, the pictures say it all.












Reasons Agent Melinda May is Awesome

1) The aviator: should be inducted into eye glasses hall of fame, alongside Alex Vause's prescription glasses. 





2) Interesting back story: minus the badassness of her character, Agent Melinda May is the only character, minus Agent Coulson, whose back story interests me. Nicknamed "The Cavalry" and damaged from a previous combat, Agent May works as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s ace pilot and weapons expert. Although we see her as a desk agent in the pilot, she has since shown her guns.  According to marvel-cinematic-universe.wikia.com, "Melinda is a thoughtful person haunted by her past experiences in the field. She's a strong soldier capable of performing above and beyond the call of duty." We initially see her refusing to get back into the field but stepping up when the team needs her. Then, she agrees to come back when she realizes that Agent Coulson needs someone to watch his back.

3) Introverted personality: Agent May is the only member of S.H.I.E.L.D who isn't constantly yapping. She does more observing, thereby bringing more to the team what other members miss.

4) These videos: say it all.



5) Her poker face: although she perpetually looks angry, you just want to know what she's thinking. And because you don't, it adds to her mysteriousness and aloofness.

I can't wait to see Agent Melinda May's arch play out. I'm confident it's going to be an amazing ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles