Letter to my 16-year-old self

Dear Self,

I know I can not turn back the hands of time. If i knew then what I know now, I would tell you to look after Naomi because she would turn out to be your only sister. Remember when she used to say she was dizzy and light headed and you would laugh it off and tell her to get over it and that it was just a minor headache. Well, little did we know that she had cancer.

I would have told you to take good care of her and stay close to her. That she was very vulnerable and needed someone to pay attention to her. Also, I would've advised you to take it easy with mum when she was getting frustrated with you because dad left and married a much younger woman. She needed a shoulder to cry on.

I would've encouraged you to love yourself instead of looking for love in the wrong places. I would have told you not to let any guy take advantage of your vulnerability. And more importantly, that the older man who promised to get you a job if you slept with him, LIED to you.

Lastly, I would advise you to never look back in regret but learn from your mistakes and re-write all the wrongs you have made. Stay true to yourself and never compromise.

Ps, you will be alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

Grey's Anatomy's Finale, Calzona, The Cheating, The Fallout, My Interpretation