My PUR3000 Class Reflection.

Whether from being sugar high or discovering my passion for PR, I did talk too much in this class than in the entirety of my college life. But my propensity to talk wasn't the only thing I learnt, this class opened my eyes to the world of public relations.

From the topic "what is public relations," I learned that there are many definitions of public relations which only "reflects the nuances of the professional or academic niche from which they originate, while giving short-shrift to the commonalities that bind us all" (prdefinition.prsa.org/). My textbook answer, "public relation is the management function that identifies, establishes and maintains mutually beneficially relationship between an organization and the various publics on whom its success or failure depends," is sufficient till the Public Relations Defined project is completed (think public relations). Then, I would be able to do a better job defining public relations. And not result to explaining to friends and family what public relations isn't.

This class also opened my eyes to PR disasters. Everyday, some company, institution or administration takes an action that shows their apparent lack of consultation with a public relations professional. From RIM, which I wrote a post on, to the present Penn State's saga, it has been a PR journey for me. Now not only can I see such gaffe, I can also offer steps to conflict resolution. I must however say, PR cannot fix Penn State. But, I won't bore you with my Penn State's views on this post.

I am excited about the rest of my public relations' journey, thanks to this class and Dr. Burns -- who has put up with me so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles