In love

(Dedicated to *ahem*)
My heart races with the stretch of darkness
My eyes squint shut as I filter through the images      

My lips raised to his
His planting a tender gesture
I stand
         I need to get outside
His hands pull me back
                             restraining
                                        for just a moment
A reunion
              old friends & faces
He is beside me
Envy
       I could finally show off
I am no longer the dirty 10 year old in blue and white stripes
I have grown into my own
                            a man
                                   a handsome, cute and rich man in my arms
I love him
His gaze enough to set my heart in a 100 meter race

I smile and rise
Blank!
No!
   one more minute please
I squeeze my lids tighter
Latching on to the moment
Whiff
        gone
              for now
All I have left is a bedside lamp, an alarm clock, cocoa butter and a refrigerator to stare at

I am in love with an image
I haven't met him
But his voice, appearance and name are enough to get my heart giddy

I am in love with an image
But one I fervently hold onto
I am a little princess again.

Comments

  1. Hmm...interesting. I like it and I wonder at the same time.
    ...........................
    www.osaetin-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... Keep the writing spirit high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one! The indentation gives the poem some more life.

    P.S. "He is besides me" should be "He is beside me".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

Grey's Anatomy's Finale, Calzona, The Cheating, The Fallout, My Interpretation