A chapter in my book turned script(contd)

http://olatodera.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-in-my-book-turned-script.html
http://olatodera.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-in-my-book-turned-scriptcontd.html
Dragging his gaze from her body to her face, he said “you look good.”
“Thanks,” she is finding it difficult to be in the present as the lull of the past is strong.
“So why did you pay N10,000,000 extra for the property?” she pushes the file she had across the table to him.
“Oh you noticed.,” he said.
“Is that supposed to be a compliment or a test?”

“Why are you feisty? Take it easy. I was just wondering how you knew I paid a little more than normal. Did you talk to the owner?”
“I had the property appraised”
“I see.”
“So, why did you pay more for the property?” she said.
“I didn’t pay more actually,” he said.
“So, what was the N10,000,000 for?” she said
“Nothing.” he said
“Nothing? I cant help you if you don’t tell me everything I need, you know.”
“You don’t need to know that information as it is not relevant.”
“I need to know everything about the property and your involvement in it.” she said. He stared at her with a lift in his right eyebrow. “Whatever,” she said

“Is there anything else you need to know?” he said.
“None that I can think of presently.If I need anything, I would let you know," she said.
“What of what you want?” he said.
“Pardon?”
“Is there anything you WANT from me?”
“No.”
“Are you sure?” He let his gaze rake all over her body in a lazy manner. Almost as if he had all the time in the world to do just that.
Blushing furiously she said, “Yes, I am sure.”
“Well there is something I need and want from you” he said.
“What is it?”

“Why did you leave?”
“Oh that,” she look at everywhere but at him.
“Don’t I deserve to know? Why did you not say goodbye? You just left like that.”
“I didn’t know you would be bothered about it.”
Swearing under his breath, he said “woman what do you take me for? You didn’t think I would be bothered to find that my woman had left. For heavens sake, I didn’t even know you left the country until many years later. I tried calling and was consistently told your phones were not reachable. For all I knew, you had died.”

“I am sorry you had to go through all that.”
“Why did you leave?”
“I had a misunderstanding with my father and I needed to give him breathing space,” she said.
“That still doesn’t explain why I was left out in the cold,” he said.
“Truthfully, I was not in my right frame of mind when I left Nigeria. I did not think at all. I hope you forgive me,” she said.
"You just thought me a hard lesson,” he said.  His words cut through her like a double edged sword. His words sounds ominous, so she asks “and what did you learn?”
“That women are not to be trusted completely,” he said.

It is a blow, she wonders how many women had suffered because of her. She is sure it was a lot, considering his good looks. She did not want to hear that she marred her man so completely that her womenfolk then suffered cause of her actions. It is not fair. “I hope no woman suffered because of me,” she said.
“Well, I was never cruel to anyone of them” he said.
“Just not able to commit to anyone," she said.

Watching her, his mouth twists at the memories of the women in his life. Them cursing the woman who had spoiled him. His relationship never lasted for long except for… but that was another story entirely. He needs to get her out of his system. He needs to bed her again, to be able to concentrate on his upcoming marriage. Yes he needs to do that. That would please and ease him a little. Also extending the revenge he needs and always dreamed of. He watches her lick and wet her lips, stands up and walks to her. She sees his intent in his eyes. She stands to escape. He pull her to him and kisses her. She shuts her teeth tightly against the assault but he gently seduced and coaxed her mouth into opening. The shock of his tongue swiping against her ridge causes her to throw caution into the wind. She kisses him back with an intensity that shakes her to the bones. She simply loses herself to the kiss. Only his lips matters. He lowers them to the seat, breaking the fall with his elbow. He continues melting out sinful torture to her lips and her body. He silently groaned and straightened himself.

“You would be my downfall,” he said. She wonders what he is saying. Feeling rejected and wanting his lips on hers, she shakes her head. She realizes that anyone could have walked in on them. Gosh how is she supposed to explain this. What happened to her. A voice whispers Darlington. She quickly rearranges her dress and steels herself to look at him. She sees amusement in his face as once again he had accurately read her. She realizes that it still irks her that he could still read her like an open book.

“I would pick you later for dinner.”
“I don’t remembered having a conservation about a date with you,” he said.
“That is because I didnt ask you, I am telling you,” he said.
“I am not going anywhere with you. This is nothing," sweeping her hand over the seat. "One I guess is warranted because of the way we parted but if you think I want to have anything to do with you outside professional work, think again.”
“Really? You know I can convince you otherwise,” he smiles her at her.
“Honestly, no matter how many dizzy kisses, I wouldn’t change my mind.”
“So you agree it was dizzy. I could give you more, you know.”

The phone rings, startling her a little, she walks to her desk and picks up the phone. She listens and says “Thanks.” she said. She drops the receiver, "My next appointment is here. Mr. Richard, I would have my office send you the agreement letter when it is ready.” she said. He smiles, walks to the door. He turns, telling her with his eyes that this is not over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles