The gods Who

Shall I tell the tales of the gods, who came in the midst of the night? Sought to own, luring with unspoken words that glimmer and glister with knowledge unbound. Shall I tell you of their appearance, not shinny as I expect? One had a threadbare red robe, with holes gnashed into by unseen mice. Surely, there must have been. Another with cankerous teeth, gap-wide and protruding enough that he might be the mouse itself. 

They sat unbidden in front of me, seeking audience. Ignoble, I asked why they tatter their wear. "Your God" one managed to squeak. He said no more. I read the rest. My God had displaced them, winning over humans who would have sewn new clothes or offered them food to eat. Surely, they starve. Yet, they don't look it. I flowed: 

"woe be me if I think you worthy. You've been screwing with me since. You hold no interest of mine." With tails tuckered in, they spoofed off as I sat, thinking about the visit. I should have told them they need to resign. Shall I tell you the tales of the gods who left me in the midst of the night? Shall I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles