Hello

You had me at hello, seriously. Asin I am serious.
I smiled mischievously but thank God you didn't see
Cos words from Asa comes to mind
"My mama used to tell me
It ain't that cool
to see a man u love and start to act like a fool"
You bet the reason I love the song is because of that line.
I croon and shout along to it every time the beat comes on
Telling myself that I better watch out and don't play a fool
Mama's voice sounding over Asa's voice
And I swear it's her voice I hear every timeBut then #Gbam there you were
Perfect teeth and perfect smile
Enough to knock the shingles of my knuckles
Somehow all the stuffs I have heard and rehearsed bounced from my shades
Thank God I was wearing my dark goggles
Or you just might have seen my eyes reeling like it's nerve just spluttered
"You had me at hello Hello, hello
Don't fly me away
Don't need to buy a diamond key
To unlock my heart"
Got home, mum up too much
Peeps started to notice
Friend talk back and forth
But not a word I uttered
Still reeling from meeting you
Trying desperately to quiet my pounding heart
Crossing my fingers and hoping that my heartbeats weren't that loud
They turned to me and inquired
I smiled a bit and walked out
But I still hear their curiosity
thanks to silence in the room
Could feel their interest
Burning a hole behind me

Curled up
wondering why my heart/life was reeling
From just a single Hello
"Hello, Hello
You had me Hello
It was many years ago
Baby when you stole my cool
Cause you had me at Hello"
Fist clenched, stomach buzzy
Your name creating a lullaby in my head
It was as if the Universe had accented to our union

Never understood the word Zombie
Till the next two weeks that commenced
Seconds passed into days
And I still can't recollect
What passed in those dark days after enlightenment
But things definitely went well
Cos, if it didn't
There would have been no re-meeting
And our story with a different ending

Somehow somewhere
My company decided that I was valuable player
And a plaque was placed in my hands
Which I mistakenly, not sure what happened actually, bumped into you
Embarrassed is an understatement
You could virtually see the pink on my dark cheeks
Flustered and Fluttered my hands around
Trying to make things better
But it wasn't working
Then you said, okay lets start again
Hello, my name is .......
"You had me at hello
Hello
You don't have to try so..
Hard for me to love you
Boy without you my life ain't the same
You had me at hello"

It was many years ago
when you stole my cool
You had me at hello
And I wanted to let you know
But I can hear our kids calling
And I better drop this pen
But Bonne Anniversaire
You had me at hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles