Whether na one naira..Yeah Right!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:10pm

http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/01/12/whether-na-one-naira-yeah-right/ <<---totally true, this article is so down to point..

It crazy how we all sing and say "it doesn't matter how bulky his pocket iz/her, as far as he/she loves me" I so wanna scream b.s!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love the song "One Naira by M.I and Waje, might even have contemplated on crooning it to my other half at some point, but I do not fool myself in believing that I might mean the entirety of the message...(is something wrong with me, am I no longer the Christian that I profess to be? no thats not the case)

No matter how goodly we want to look and project, we still need to count our losses.
1. Remember as a kid, that boy/girl you looked down on( okay maybe not looked down per say), but one who inched your chair away or din't want to be seen with....(geez u were a kid weren't you, and I always say it, kids a re pretty nasty)

2.then you grow a little older, change a bit or more.Might be more compassionate or just a plain GOAT depending on ur peers..

3.Then you hit the adolescent age, and if you went to a secondary/high school I went to, then it was dictated that you only went out with guys way older than you and have at least a car(I mean you were in......wat class again)

4. Then your parent begin to drop hint of the type of son-in-law they want. Every parent want the best for their kid right. So isn't it right that you father expect your man to be able to take bettercare of you than he did. So heaven help you if ur father has little money.

5. Thanks to Mills and Boons, Harlequin and the rest, you are expecting the rich Greek, Italian or the Spanish Tycoon (Wan pe ni be, meaning: you go wait tire). Even when you wipe all that brain washing that early exposure to such dictates, I am afraid that they are some tiny bit that might have slipped you cleansing..Thing you don't even know is there. If you wanna know those thing, help yourself by writing a list of the attribute you want in Mr. Right...Hahahaha caught you right.

6. And Heaven help you, you have beautiful well endowed sisters and cousins, with their impeccable taste in men. And even if you dont start or purpose to, there is a silent competition on which men are in your life. All thanks to seemly harmless girl sister/cousin talk whenever there is a reunion, which is every year by the way. Somehow the talk veers to who is going out with whom, if his cute, loaded and all other TDH shizzles. And heaven help you further if they all manage to get the Alist men. chei you are in it ain't you.

7. Then the very one, your friends (friends especially female friends are the elder sister you dont have and you are really glad you dont, because if there were both in your life, you would be pretty miserable). Heavens help you if your friends and acquaintances are quite the social society one( even though you might not necessarily be). So you are waiting for your Mr Right and they seem to go through a bunch of A list men during that time.Somewhere, somehow in that little brain of yours, you hope that your Mr right makes your wait worthwhile and you can finally make your friends understand why you were waiting anyways. So you see the "Mr Right" has to have a semblance of money isn't it

8. the final part, where I am journeying to; you at present, a lady who has made up her mind (like I did) that the society and every other person would not dictate to her again. But see darling, you are actually influenced by such society; whether or not we choose to reflect and see ourselves for who we are, I am afraid we are exactly who we are, influenced by everything around us (society, family friends, education, religion, classmates who are not necessarily friends..everyone).

And so the " One Naira love thing, abeg for your sake and mine throw it out of the window. But do not crucify me yet. I am not advocating that women should start marrying and loving for money.HECK NO!!!!such a thing would not come out of my mouth. However I might be insinuating that being in love with someone might be influenced by his/her finances but to various degree with different people. (geez sound really nasty ain't it. I know) But life is and has never been nice nor easy.

Truth be told even if you are changed, even if you are independent( not the "kept woman" kinda person), one who has to draw all strength from wherever, to accept a simple gift from a man..Even if you are not lacking, or really do not mind if your man doesnt really has as much money as the next person, U still as a woman need your man to have a little money. You can't help it, you can't hide from it. There is just a lot that you need money for in the course of your relationship, not to talk of the "dream wedding". Personally I am desperately considering eloping even though I am not engaged or quite veering to it. And I am not considering eloping, just to shenke my man from fulfilling the role of providing (I so pity him) for the wedding. A decent African and most especially a decent Nigerian wedding cost MONEY, I mean I saw the budget of one of my friend's wedding and it wasn't FUNNNYYY. IT COST A FORTUNE. However, the point is, even though I am considering eloping, I fully pray and word that my hubby's financial status might be acceptable to my family, my friends and society( even though I am not too psyched about it). See thats the problem and the ish in the wording, you might not be too psyched about it but you expect it nevertheless.

And as for me, considering my very goal and aspiration, I really cannot afford a relationship with someone with less financial status than me.Even though I do not intend to rely and deplete his funds, he needs the money to be able to keep up with me..So at that point (since I am not there yet) it would be strictly all about him: his ego and the running mouths of the society. So there is fully a lot of stuffs to say, but I somehow feel that I might not be able to word it out and someone might still feel I am still the man-bashing girl I probably was once..or I might be a vain seeking and un-idealistic temperamental girl. But I assure thats so not the case...In fact I do my best to ensure I am the opposite of it.

P.S. just remember something, recently my father's wording to me have change. Now he is all about "when you get your doctorate degree and you start earning fantastic money, you would have your pick of man, they would come rushing". He and my mother had always said something inline with this but this is more direct to my present stream of discussion. So when I badge my doctorate degree and start earning my pay whether working for someone or for myself, do you honestly think my father would give me out in open hand to someone who presently might not fit the picture he has in mind as the perfect man for his precious daughter. So let me be nice this time, even if somehow I meet the man if my dreams and he is so not IT yet, I am afraid we would have to wait till he gets there and I know everyone in my house most especially my mother would start praying he gets there fast because there is no way I would marry someone who is struggling financial. Geez I better get off, I was honestly trying to be nice but my last sentence comes off cold even to my very ears but I am afraid thats the very truth.

So abowaba (long and short) of the story is, accept it, might be scary but sweetheart face your reality and help stop the unnecessary heartache we give men and ourselves when we finally get to the truth- that money does pay a part in the scheme of thing, it just varies in different degree/proportion with different people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles