The start of something new - Overcoming my procrastination

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 5:09am                                                                                                 
Every one seems to be writing notes and blog, but me, my page been blank, not because, I really dont have thoughts and all, but simply because, I sometimes find it hard to put my thought to paper or pen or whatever you want to call it, which is ironic as presently my major in school is English.And more to the point Creative Writing.


Did u notice, that my punctuation is nothing to write home about, see that what I am talking about. In high school, I always had a B in English and never an A cause my essays were simply the worst. I just never gave it my best shot and I wrote as I thought, which Miss Teboh told me over and over again that it shouldn't be so as writing wasn't like that....So I made up mind early to hate the whole process which made any improvement useless. I mean, everything I was ever taught about writing just entered one ear and passed the other. I was so sure I wouldn't be involved in anything that required that skill.......I should have known that I was kidding myself; who was i fooling, myself or others?. I guess myself uhn....... hasn't experience shown me that that very thing I say I cant do is exactly what God would bring next in front of me - simply to show me that I can do everything as long as I put my mind to it.....So the "abo wa ba" (long and short) of it all is now I have to master the art of creative writing. But my take on it is simply this. I love that person who thought of creating a device that transcribe whatever you speak into it, to writing. See I know the device is out there, at least in somebody's mind even if I haven't come across it yet except for the voice command and all on mobile device.

If you have, Pls let me know, you could be of help to this young lady.

So that said and done, i welcome you to my notes, I hope I might pick the pen more often, or rather type my thoughts more often and that I do not have my very problem, which simply is, my thoughts run faster that i write, talk less of type.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

Grey's Anatomy's Finale, Calzona, The Cheating, The Fallout, My Interpretation