Magical realism- My assignment.




Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 4:23pm
Gathering my books, I turned around at Catherine, “so are we set to go” I asked her. She turned to me and said “oh my God, Brittany, I am sorry, I would not be going home with you, John asked me on a date, and I said yes”. “ That’s ok I said” wondering how and why she could have forgotten to tell me that tiny little information before, we were supposed to be best friends and all. But I guess friends fuck up and all you can do is smile and wave it away…that what friends are, isn’t it?
At least I guess so. So I wove her apprehension away as it seems she finally realized the errors of her way. “I will call you and tell you, all that happened, every tiny bit” she said. “Ok I would be up waiting” I found myself saying, like I said, friends and all.

I walked out of the building to my car spot, see I have a car spot, and it’s a long story, so don’t ask me why. Anyways I got there and couldn’t find my car, well that was strange, I had this moment when you check everywhere, you know even under the car parked next to me. Then I remembered I had lent James my Benz because his own had a fault and Catherine and I were supposed to go home together. OK see James is my brother, so don’t start getting all those funny ideas. So dang it, it seems I am going to walk home.

Thank God my house is just two streets away. So I guess am just going to swing it and walk…hmm what the worst thing that might happen to me tonight. But for some reason I could just hear my mama telling me not to walk alone at night but I shook it off.

As I walked the dark alley (see it was a shorter cut to my house. You didn’t think I would walk the whole road did you. I hate walking so am going to cut it as short as I can) I started feeling funny, dang I hurried as fast I could to get out. I really do not like this feeling I have of someone watching and something bad is going to happen. So as I got round the corner. I was almost home. I could see the roof of my house and I swear I could almost smell my mama dinner.

Up He came blocking my view, I could not see his face properly but I felt weird so I gave to my urge to run. Which I did, I swear I did. I never knew I could run that fast but somehow he caught up with me. He grabbed and then he drew me to him, bared my throat. I felt a tickle and bite He me. And I could think of was my house with my mama, papa and James in it and that's all I saw and thought as the darkness overcame me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles