The oh's and ah's of a Christian and Contemporary Music

Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 8:14pm
Music in for as long as I think of has always been debated on, actually I have not seen a topic much more debated upon both within a person and externally. So what the vote of context, never mind my English, sometimes I like to play with words like you know a pun, well if you if didn’t do Literature, mi bad.
Anyways let’s get back to the track, the questions has always been:-what is the definition of the term gospel, believe me everybody asks that question a lot, even the contemporary artistes, what defines the genre, if you are a little small minded about the tern Gospel music, well to bad I don’t have enough space to teach you but all I can say is wake up and see, if your definition of gospel is still based on the fact that the musicians put “I love God” or must call his name at least, or sing about the church or Christ oh my dear you are in for it, anyway let check the ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN MUSIC.
Well if don’t worry I have it but if you love music like I do and want to be authoritative on the subject, well you can get yourself one, it is just 5000 naira and you can get it anywhere but I got mine at the Scripture Union Bookshop anyway, the compiler after all the arguments simply said it is music that appeals to self identified fans of Christian music on account of a perceived connection with what they regard as Christianity.

-Well also the question, am I allowed as I Christian to listen to contemporary music?

Tell me, have you never thought in line with these questions. Well I can only say this, we need to open our selves more than we use to or we would just lose the essence in itself, Gospel music is a wide genre of music in there are other genres in it, talk of pop, rap,(yeah I love rap), hip hop, country, new wave, folks, rock, punk, death metal, lest I forget negro spiritual, believe me when I say we got a whole lots of music so stop before you say gospel music is boring, well the contemporary world do not know how to classify the like of LaCrea, I mean have you heard his rap, man, it is in the class of them Jay Z, or Mary Mary, I man have you seen the video of “it’s the God in me” man they play it on Trace TV, I mean one day I was watching and it was on the top 10 of Trace, what then are we talking about, I wish I had all the time and space to really yarn but am afraid, I can only write a few in an edition and keep them locked in to be unleash at the next edition. Infact I haven’t gotten to my main goal

But wait, have you not noticed the trend in the contemporary music world, the change of artiste behaviour or appearance in the industry, the most obvious one is Rihanna, her change was drastic, recently I have been thinking, and I wonder, am I the only one? I hope not sha but really when people say “Don’t listen to non gospel music” would there be some knowledge to it? cos recently there is a serious undercurrent in the music world like never before which scares the lover of music like myself off, have you heard about, iIlluminati and their stake in the music world or simply have you seen the new Jay Z hand sign, the Pyramid,

or watsup with the like of Lil Wayne (who calls himself the beast, with a throne in the Church), Rihanna (who was beaten by her Ex-Chris Brown), Beyonce, Lady Gaga( who as far as I am concerned is really gaga) Kanye, Nas, T.I, Ciara (yes I am afraid), Janet Jackson, and of course the baba himself Jay Z, the CEO of Rock a fellers, the descendants of Rockefellers himself. Gosh you cant mean you are surprised, this is not a conspiracy theory this time, it the truth and everybody knows but does nothing about it. Well they have said that the Illuminati is here to run the town, and that life starts when the church end or the most blatant one, remember I listen to music a lot, 666 murder, murder Jesus all coming from the mouth of our dear bros-Jay Z,. come on don’t stop reading, you are wondering where this is leading to and the truth, I really do not know. So I have to stop here and say I know what I know, but what do you believe in, cos you define your truth.

So what is your truth....make it, define it, boundaralize it and stick to it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles