My class work. doesnt have a title yet. just that it had to begin with “I just thought it would be okay if I told your wife the truth."

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 1:06am
“I just thought it would be okay if I told your wife the absolute truth.” I could see him fuming; He really didn’t know what to say. He probably thought of picking the bat and beating me with it. I could see him twisting and squeezing his hand as if he wanted to take a swing. But he is too gentlemanly, which made me wonder why he ever got into all this stuff. It just wasn’t what you would think he would ever do. This was probably why I ever got into this mess in the first place. I amalso not just the kind of person who does this shit either. I pride myself on being upright.


It all started one wonderful summer day; I was hurrying to work, yep that me- working Jane. Somehow I didn’t look at where I was going or maybe I was looking at something at a window. I can’t remember exactly the whole episode, only the basic- I bumped into him and the classic movie scene occurred. Only this time, it was his papers that flew everywhere. So I had to pick them, come on it was my fault. Picked every piece of paper while wondering what people would think when I came in some minute late.

“Am really sorry” I said giving him the papers in my hand

“Don’t worry” he said. And he lit up my world with this gorgeous smile ever seen or experienced. “It really nothing”

And that was it. Wait!!!! what did you expect to happen? It was the classic LA encounter. So I thought, till we met again, this time it was not a classic LA experience. And that all you need to know.
Somehow, someway we became friends. We became so close that it was impossible to imagine life without him. Then one day I realized he wasn’t his normal self, inquired and found out that he had problems with his wife. That when we came up with this plan. I don’t know how it came up. But we fought about it and carried it out.

I was to act like we were having an affair so his wife could get jealous, and then she could lash out and maybe the marriage somehow could work out. It was all okay, till it happened. Somehow along the way I had fallen in love with him. That when it had all gone wrong.

After a while, I was tired of this bull shit. I was choking and suffocating. I was in love with a man that was using me to get his wife back and get back at his wife too. How sad could that be?

So I gathered up my courage and went to his wife. Had this pep talk with her, told her to hold on really close to her man or I just might take him. It was a crazy and awkward moment, starting from when I walked through the door till I left but damn I felt really good and free. But I loved him. I guess I just might have to wait for the next one.

Then I picked up my phone, called and told him. He came over to my place as quick as a lightening. He was angry, I had never seen him that way; murderous. He walked out of my house with those emotions.

That night I got a ring. It was from him, thanking me. Somehow my pep talk had done all the work. He was really appreciative and all. His wife even talked to me. We really talked for long.

So now, we are all best of friends. It’s funny how a little disruptive action can bring stability to your whole lives.

But I still love him and I am still waiting for my own prince.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love-Fest with TV II

The Diary of a 9ja girl in Yankee

A very heartbreaking season finale -- Rizzoli and Isles